Thumbnail pictures from the Tokugawa koen in Nagoya - Japan

Return to Tokugawa koen overview

Click the thumbnail to see the full image.
Previous Page

rdsc08284_th.jpg 5,3K

rdsc08288_th.jpg 6,2K

rdsc08290_th.jpg 5,9K

rdsc08293_th.jpg 6,7K

rdsc08294_th.jpg 6,5K

rdsc08297_th.jpg 5,6K

rdsc08303_th.jpg 8,2K

rdsc08308_th.jpg 5,7K

rdsc08309_th.jpg 6,1K

rdsc08313_th.jpg 7,8K

rdsc08317_th.jpg 7,4K

The Tokugawa koen was built in 1695 as a retirement villa for Mitsutomo, Lord of the Owari Tokugawa, but was destroyed in World War II and only opened as a Japanese garden again in 2004. A large lake forms the strolling garden's centerpiece which is also noted for its waterfalls, wooden bridges, a samurai teahouse and flowers.

Copyright(c) 2007 Anker Nielsen. All rights reserved.