Thumbnail pictures from the Tokugawa koen in Nagoya - Japan

Return to Tokugawa koen overview

Click the thumbnail to see the full image.
Next Page

rdsc08171_th.jpg 7,0K

rdsc08178_th.jpg 5,9K

rdsc08180_th.jpg 5,8K

rdsc08182_th.jpg 7,7K

rdsc08186_th.jpg 7,2K

rdsc08187_th.jpg 9,2K

rdsc08193_th.jpg 7,7K

rdsc08196_th.jpg 7,8K

rdsc08198_th.jpg 8,1K

rdsc08202_th.jpg 7,3K

rdsc08211_th.jpg 7,1K

rdsc08213_th.jpg 6,9K

rdsc08220_th.jpg 8,0K

rdsc08225_th.jpg 8,0K

rdsc08229_th.jpg 5,1K

rdsc08254_th.jpg 5,4K

rdsc08255_th.jpg 7,2K

rdsc08264_th.jpg 8,4K

rdsc08267_th.jpg 9,9K

rdsc08275_th.jpg 8,6K

The Tokugawa koen was built in 1695 as a retirement villa for Mitsutomo, Lord of the Owari Tokugawa, but was destroyed in World War II and only opened as a Japanese garden again in 2004. A large lake forms the strolling garden's centerpiece which is also noted for its waterfalls, wooden bridges, a samurai teahouse and flowers.

Copyright(c) 2007 Anker Nielsen. All rights reserved.